- User Since
- Apr 12 2017, 7:08 AM (87 w, 2 d)
- Stabilise fibheaps
- Stabilise fish
- Adjust running time for gcd
- Stabilise comp_lab_zift
- Stabilise event
- Stabilise fft
- Stabilise genfft
- Stabilise ida
- Adjust running time for listcompr
- Adjust running time for listcopy
- Adjust running time of nucleic2
- Attempt to stabilise parstof
- Stabilise sched
- Stabilise solid
- Adjust running time of transform
- Adjust running time of typecheck
- Stabilise wang
- Stabilise wave4main
- Adjust running time of integer
- Adjust running time of knights
- Stabilise lambda
- Stabilise lcss
- Stabilise life
- Stabilise mandel
- Stabilise mandel2
- Adjust running time of mate
- Stabilise minimax
- Adjust running time of multiplier
- Adjust running time of para
- Stabilise power
- Adjust running time of primetest
- Stabilise puzzle with mild success
- Adjust running time for rewrite
- Stabilise simple with mild success
- Stabilise sorting
- Stabilise sphere
- Stabilise treejoin
Thu, Dec 13
Wed, Dec 12
- Adjust running time of calendar
- Adjust runtime of cichelli
- Stabilise circsim
- Stabilise clausify
- Stabilise constraints with moderate success
- Adjust running time of cryptarithm1
- Adjust running time of cryptarythm2
- Adjust running time of cse
- Adjust running time of eliza
- Adjust running time of exact-reals
- Adjust running time of expert
- Stabilise fft2
Makes sense IMO. Un-accept if you disagree, @bgamari.
Tue, Dec 11
Mon, Dec 10
Fri, Dec 7
I created Trac #16007 to track opportunities for code size reduction, should we eventually implement -Os.
Thu, Dec 6
This was fixed in D4969.
Wed, Dec 5
- Use unknownArity instead of 0
Binary sizes went up by 0.1%, while these were the biggest winners (> 2%) wrt. instruction count:
Sat, Dec 1
Did running -dstg-lint break anything in the testsuite? Otherwise this should be good to go! 🎉
Fri, Nov 30
Thu, Nov 29
Wed, Nov 28
Fri, Nov 23
Thanks for the review! I'll land this.
- Update users guide for -O2
- Add an overview note in StgLiftLams
- Only run with -O2
Yes, I have: +0.1% allocations and +0.5% runtime. I agree with the general sentiment, so I'll exclude it from -O1.
LGTM, but would merging this break the build? It wouldn't, because StgLint isn't run by default, right? Maybe wait until we resolve Trac #15939 anyway?
I feel a little uncomfortable with having master break as soon as someone wants to use StgLint...
Thu, Nov 22
- Make liftedIdsExpander preserve the order of free vars
Wed, Nov 21
Tue, Nov 20
Closed by 7e5619a6abe7ce89eb55b411736025b31410f478.
- Syntactic furbelows for new Notes
- Bring comments up to date with the rebase
- Move an anchor around
- Remove unused copy of NoExtSilent in HsExpression
No changes in NoFib 🎉
I can confirm that this validates, but want to wait until I've compared NoFib to master to be certain.
I don't think this works, because this will never generate the binder, even if it is alive. The correct way to do this would probably be to write unless false, which is just id.
Mon, Nov 19
It seems I accidentally applied this diff when rebasing and merging D5324. Yuck.
Unfortunately, rebasing this on top of the recent STG syntax changes led to a few complications:
- Testing if last update was successful
- Rebased on top of Phab:D5339
Sorry, had a busy weekend.
- Add Note [Extensible STG syntax]
Thu, Nov 15
Rectified that alignment thing.
- Whitespace only
Omitting the hack had no effect on nofib allocations (and counted instructions) whatsoever. Remove it?
Validate says this is green, but moving the occurrence hack from CoreToStg to CoreFVs means that all STG-to-STG transformations don't have the generated dead case binder info available, which might have performance implications. I'm currently measuring.
- Monomorphise StgFVs
- Copy an ancient occ hack from CoreToStg
- Removed FreeVarInfo logic from CoreToStg
Nov 13 2018
OK, I agree this still needs some work. I'm afraid that I won't have time to pick this up until thursday, so if someone wants to push this over the finish line in light of the approaching release deadline, be my guest. What remains to be done:
Of course. I realised that we ''might'' want to consider sticking to brackets instead of braces, but on the other hand this would severely clash with how lists are formatted.
Nov 11 2018
Nov 9 2018
The new Outputable instance is up for review at D5315.